(Information for monks who wish to visit the monastery [here])
Winter break: The monastery does not receive overnight guests from December 1st 2013 until March 15th 2014.
Day visitors are welcome to use the
meditation hall and the library between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.. Meeting a monk is possible
after the meal or by appointment.
limited number of lay practicioners can stay and practise at the
monastery provided they have requested a date, registered by eMail, phone or letter and
their registration has been confirmed by the sangha.
monastery is neither a therapy center, nor a wellness institute, nor a
drug withdrawal station, nor a place where parents can dump naughty
IT IS a place where guests are required to work with DISCIPLINE on reducing their defilements and changing bad habits!
required to participate in the daily activities and follow the eight
1. To refrain from killing any living beings.
2. To refrain from taking what is not given.
3. To refrain from any sexual activity.
4. To refrain from lying and unwholesome speach.
5. To refrain from intoxication with alcohol or drugs.
6. To refrain from eating after noon.
7. To refrain from entertainment and beautifying the body.
8. To refrain from luxurious beds (sleeping too much).
guests have to follow the daily schedule and activities (exceptions for
health reasons can be discussed with the senior monk). Mutual respect
and consideration, maintaining a quiet meditative atmosphere,
cleanliness and heedfulness are the pillars of a harmonious communal
1. Read the handbook for guests (new version 2013) and see if the conditions are acceptable for you. If yes:
2. Contact us via email or phone and find out if we can accomodate you during the desired period. If yes:
3. Fill in the registration form and send it by email or fax.
[download registration form]
(The monastic community Muttodaya does not run a blog and does not participate in
"social networks". If you encounter any Facebook, Twitter or similar accounts, or a
Blog bearing the name "Muttodaya", please be aware: THEY ARE FAKE! Trying to contact us through those media is pointless.)
4. We will then confirm your stay and wish you a safe journey.
you want to participate in the events or practise at the monastery
during the day but do not want to stay at the monastery, you will find
inexpensive accomodation near the monastery, or, if you prefer, more upmarket hotels.
Bed & Breakfast in Gundlitz, 15 minutes walking distance to the monastery:
Mrs. Christl Popp, phone 09256-338